This is the first of what we anticipate will be a regular update from the clubs leadership team to ensure we keep all members and families up to date about club activities.
Your new committee are working hard on your behalf, to move the club forward both on and off the pitch, developing our activities, to support and invest in our volunteers, to reach out to the wider community and to grow our membership.
The club are proud to to sponsor the Elmer’s Big Art Parade which is raising funds for the St Elizabeth Hospice, look out for the two IES Elmers as you walk around Ipswich this summer.
We look forward to our Charity day on Saturday 6th July which includes the usual mixed festival and barbecue and this year we are arranging some junior activity and we hope to create a bit of a festival feel, please come and support the day which starts at 11am and runs until late afternoon / early evening.
Following the recent AGM the clubs new committee, captains and vice captains met to start planning for next season. We have included below a list of the key information and decisions taken.
- The CASC status application will be followed up and completed this season.
- Team captains and vice captains were confirmed (as there were some gaps after the AGM).
- Captains will be meeting over the next few months to organise training and start selection.
- We will purchase 4 face masks per team (and a spare set) for all adult teams. We will also investigate whether more facemasks are required for the junior section and order accordingly.
- Goalkeepers playing Saturday/senior hockey will be contacted by captains to audit their kit and order any replacement parts, where necessary.
- We will investigate running goalkeeping workshops during the season as it was recognised that goalkeepers can sometimes get overlooked during regular training sessions.
- We will look to enter a team into the plum tournament on 7th-8th September
- Pre season training sessions will take place on 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th Aug. for 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Friendlies will be organised for Saturday 14th September with the leagues all starting the following week.
- A club day under the England Hockey HockeyFest banner will be held on Saturday 7th September in order to get everyone together before the season starts and to encourage new people along. More information will be provided in due course.
- We will aim to organise some umpire development events during the season to encourage people to try out umpiring for the first time. This will not be an official L1 umpiring course.
- Thanks to support from Sam Beveridge we have arranged a series of informal coaching workshops throughout the season to introduce interested members / parents in coaching and get more people involved. This will not be a formal course, will be free of charge and open to all. Details to follow.
- We are starting work on a Club Development Plan and a 1st draft will be shared in due course and we are aiming to gain Club Mark acreditation (England Hockey / Sport England kitemark.)
- A members survey will be sent out to find out what members think of the club and what direction our members would like to see the club take in the future. More information about this will be made available soon. The results of the survey will help us to build the development plan.