The season is fast approaching and plans are ongoing to ensure we start the season on the front foot. Please read on so you are aware of everything that is heading your way!
1. Fitness training – for all members on Monday 5th, 12th and 19th August 7.30 to 8.30pm at Christchurch Park (meet at the Park Road entrance).
2. Pre-season Training (STICK & BALL) – Pre-season training will be on Wednesday in the new season starting on Wednesday 7th August 7.30pm to 9pm with other sessions on the 14th, 21st and 28th
3. Training during the season (From September) All teams will train on a Wednesday times as follows
- Pitch 2 – 7.30pm to 9.30pm – Men’s and Ladies 1st Team squads (Men – to include invited players in the 2nd and 3rd team wanting to progress to 1st team) and Women (to include women 2nd team and invited young players.)
- Pitch 3 – 6.45 – 8.15pm Women’s club and 8.15 – 9.45 Men’s club
4. Saturday 7th September Club Day (Part of the EH HockeyFest Campaign) with inter club games and a barbecue. Format and times below.
- 2pm– pitch 2 – Men’s 2s v* Men’s 3s – pitch 3 Women’s 3s v* Women’s 4s.
- 2pm – pitch 1 – Family session, Back to Hockey and Junior coaching. Targeting new players
- 3.30pm– pitch 2 – Women’s 1s v* Women’s 2s. Pitch 3 Men’s 4s v* Men’s 5. *The assumption is that teams will be mixed up a little to ensure close matches but we can leave this for captains involved in each match to arrange.
- 3pm to 5pm barbecue & drinks till 6pm.
(Note the men’s 1st team are playing in a pre-season tournament on the 7th and 8th)
We are looking to encourage all existing members to come along and to be part of the day and we plan to invite our young people involved in the recent transition sessions to come along and play, this may mean we have big squads for some matches and will need a bit of planning.
We are also looking to have a real push to encourage new people to join us. We hope members will invite family / friends to join us and to take part in the Back to Hockey and junior session. Please encourage family, friends and colleagues along to the family / Back to Hockey session at 2pm.
5. Saturday 14th September We are in discussion with Ipswich HC about friendlies across the club. Details will be shared as soon as we can.
6. Saturday 21st September League starts- please note that we are busy confirming home match times and these will be shared asap.
A new league website is up and running and can be found here, so you can check out the fixtures https://www.hockey-east.co.uk/ note all our teams are in East leagues this year.
Please let your captain know your availability for pre season activity, Club Day and league matches.
7. Coach Development sessions – unfortunately the take up for this has been disappointing so the first session 24th July was cancelled. However the follow up sessions are going ahead and we are still recruiting people who would like to find out more about what and how to coach. . Please sign up for all or part of the programme by emailing Sam Beveridge email@example.com or for more information call Charlie Farrow on 07811 666895 Future dates, Monday 23rdSeptember 7 – 9pm, Sunday 17thNovember (am) & Sunday 24thNovember (am) & Friday 29th November 7– 9pm.
8. Transition sessions – The club has been running some sessions to help our up and coming teenagers to transition from juniors into adult hockey. Its is exciting to think we a such a great bunch of talented young players moving into our senior teams. A big thank you to all who are supporting the process.
9. Club Development Plan – We are starting work on a Club Development plan. (Members – please take a look at the scoping document which was emailed to you as part of this update)
10. Charity Fundraising – As I am sure you have seen we raised a magnificent £1,747 at the recent Charity Day. I am able to confirm that we have now paid the full amount committed to the St Elizabeth Hospice Charity. As the only local sports club to support this initiative we can feel just a little proud of ourselves!
See you in training!